Easy Patio Bench

Our deck needed some more seating, and buying chairs it too expensive. We have big parties out back and we never have enough seats. I found this cute Idea for a bench for the patio, deck or even around your fire pit!

Super easy to make and cost about $25 total (free for me, I just used left over wood from ripping out my old pantry)

See building Details Below!



 
 
Here is what you would need:
 
   * 6 - 2'X4'X8'
   * 4 - 1X4X8 Particle board strips
   * 2 in wood screws
   * Wood glue
   * A Chop Saw or Skil Saw
   * A finish nailer and 2 inch finish nails (Alt option see below)
   * (Stain of your choice and clear coat)
 
 
I cut my top 2X4 pieces at 5.5" and my side 2X4 legs 18".  The inside pieces of particle board I cut at 21 7/16". Build the U-shaped parts first using the wood glue and finish nails to secure the top board to the legs.
 
After you get all 5 U-shaped pieces put together, take your cut strips of particle board and put two of them together and screw them into the first side, repeat on the other side.
Then place another U-shaped piece on top and continue building it laying flat.
 
Alt to finish nailer: You can screw the 2X4 pieces together with screws at an angle on the sides and just putty them before you paint or stain.
 
If you have any questions about how to put this together or get started please feel free to contact Mary at thesimplenickel@gmail.com.
 

Comments

Popular Posts