Peel and Stick Waterproof Vinyl Tiles!


If you have seen my cabinet remodel post, you saw the floor was not completed! I didnt want to mess with regualr tile since its a mess and kills my hands so I looked into a different method I hadn't hear much about. IT is peel and stick vinyl tiles. I didn't want the vinyl look I wanted wood. And I found it at Lowes! My whole bathroom floor was $30! AMAZING!!!


Before












                                                   After


Super easy to install and the cuts are made with a Razor Blade! I started with a full peice at the threshold but then worked my way ina pattern that the seams would not match up and look nice.

Steps:

1- First I cleaned the floor really good and dried it.

2- Then you need to primer it with latex primer. It sticks really good to latex primer. (No oil based)


3- Let the primer dry before installing the vinyl flooring.

4- Start at teh doorway and work your way back following your pattern on the floor. Make sure you get them as close as possible to not have cracks. (if using wood looking planks. Other vinyl tiles can be grouted) You can lay it out first if you want or just go with it. If you lay it wrong they do come up. The more you walk on them the stickier they are.






5- After I was finished I put in the new baseboards and caulked the entire floor and around the toilet to seal it! I used white caulk. This was the finished product!


Please Ask me any questions or leave comments below!

If you loved this PLEASE Share!

Comments

Popular Posts