Bathroom Counter top Remodel for $30!

I was tired of my old bathroom counter top being drab! I wanted a face lift but didn't want to pay a ton to do it. I knew I could utilize some things I knew how to do and also some of the things I have seen on Pinterest. So I gave it a go!

Here was my bathroom counter top Before:


And here was my Finished Product

Steps:




 I cleaned the surface of my counter top really good and dried it. Then I bought a small paint tray and foam brush from the dollar store and rolled on the latex primer.
After the primer dried I made a bottom main color using the acrylic paints till desired color and rolled that over top of the primer. Then I took the acrylic paints I had at home and a piece of an old shirt for a rag and dabbed each color over the surface. I started with the darkest and worked up to the lightest and then did it again until all the base color was mostly covered.
After that dried I painted on the polycrylic. I did 4 coats after each one had dried thoroughly. Makes sure you coat every inch even the sides of the counter top!




Should be beautiful!!! Good Luck and Post comments or question if you have them! I would love to help you!

( I will go through the cabinet makeover in the next post!)

If you found this valuable PLEASE Share!

Comments

Popular Posts