Easy Patriotic Dipped Cake Bites

I attempted cake pops with the red velvet cake mix today. I think my cake balls were too big and heavy because even after freezing them, while I was dipping them they started falling through the sticks. So I improvised and made Flag Cake Bites instead! They were still a hit!




I dipped them all in colored candy melts and sprinkles. 


What you need:

2 red velvet cake mixes (only 1 if you make them much smaller)
2 cans of Cream Cheese frosting
1 pkg of Blue, Red and White candy melts
White sprinkles

Directions:

Just make the cake/s to the steps on the box. Let it cool. Crumble it up into a big mixing bowl and add 2 cups of the frosting. Use your hands and mix the cake and frosting until you can make it into balls.
Put some wax paper on a cookie sheet and make your balls and put them on the wax paper and put them into the freezer. After they are frozen, dip them in the colored candy melts and sprinkle them. Place them back onto the cookie sheet with foil and freeze them until about an hour before eating. Then take them out to un-thaw before eating them. I put in a sparkler for effect before eating. It was fun and the kids loved it!

Comments

Popular Posts