Cheap and Easy Christmas Gifts for Friends or Neighbors!

I wanted to make inexpensive gifts for my friends and neighbors this year so I thought I would make Candied Popcorn in cute little boxes this year!

I found these cute little cupcake boxes at Walmart for $1.47 for 3. I decided they would fit a small bag of candied popcorn. 



 Walmart carries flavored holiday candy melts and so I bought the Candy Cane flavored one this time.


I also bought red plastic treat bags there for $.97 for 20 bags. I put these inside the boxes with the popcorn inside to help keep it fresh.

 I purchased the large bag of popcorn from Macey's already popped pop corn. (It's the best)! I poured half the bag into a very large bowl. 


Then I used one full bag of the candy melts and melted them in a microwave safe bowl for 2 min. Then stir them until all of the other chocolate is melted by the heat of the bowl. DON"T over cook chocolate or it will turn weird.



Pour all melted candy melts over the popcorn and mix with a spoon. Turning from the bottom to the top and turning the bowl as you go. Keep mixing till all the popcorn is coated. Pour on a wax covered cookie sheet to cool and dry.



Then you can add it to the sacks and put into the boxes!

Merry Christmas!





Comments

Popular Posts