$1 T-shirt and Fabric Scraps Apron!

My daughter is starting Jr. High tomorrow! AAAHHHHHH! We were going through her list of supplies and I forgot she needed an apron for her Art class. I decided to just buy her a shirt from the dollar store and use it as a smock. We bought a black XXL t-shirt from dollar tree and when she put it on I couldn't let her wear just that in Jr. High. So I decided to make it into an apron with scraps of fabric as embellishments instead.

This is how it turned out!


This is what I did and used:

1- XXL T-shirt
2- Scrap fabric and ribbon
3- Sewing machine
4- Thread
5- Scissors

Directions

1- I took an old apron to use as a template and cut only the arms off of the shirt.

 2- This is how it ends up. Then take the top neck part and cut behind int like in the picture.


(It will end up looking like this.)

3- Then sew the right sides together in the seam of the arm holes and across the bottom.

4- Then cut the excess off from around the neck band so it looks like this.

5- Then add your side ties with extra fabric and a pocket also. Add any embellishments you want.







Comments

Popular Posts