Night Stand Puppet Playhouse

I was going to take my old night stand to the DI (Goodwill) to get rid of it. It is the last piece of furniture from  a previous marriage that I have wanted to get rid of for a long time. Instead of tossing it I found a cute idea for a puppet playhouse so I thought I would try it out. It was so simple and the whole thing only took me 1.5 hrs to do.

This turned out way Cuter than I thought it would!



Instructions:


 1 - I took out the drawers and wood holding the drawers. Except for the bottom rod going across.



 2 - Then I took off the back support and painted it green.






 3 - Get a 1" wooden dowel and cut it to the inside width of the stand. I cut it about 1/4" bigger so it would be stuck in between the two side so I could just glue it and not have to screw it.







 4 - I had 2 fat quarters (18"X 21") of fabric from Walmart that I just cut in half and sewed a hem on the bottom and a loop for the rod to go through on top.



 5 - Then I took the bottom drawer and took off the front of it and painted it.




 

 6 - After I painted it I screwed the drawer to the horizontal bar so it wouldn't move.


My Daughter Loves IT!!!!!









Comments

Popular Posts